Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Friday, August 19, 2005


Hippolyta accepts a kiss from Theseus. Posted by Picasa

Well opening night was a success! About fifty people showed up!! It was quite an adventure. I have never been in a show that was outside so I did not know what to expect. First, let me say the park is less than a block from the Amtrak train station...and boy were they running on time tonight! Every twenty minutes loud horns blew their way through our magic night. In between these the VERY persistent ice cream man came around. He was kind enough to play There's No Place Like Home...OVER AND OVER! It was lovely. Despite all of the interruptions the audience loved it! I had a lot of fun. It's a great end of my Merced theatre career.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah. Outdoor theater. I did that for 4 summers over in Euless, Texas. Where the temp was 92 (if lucky at 8pm) off stage and the cement stage was 120.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home