Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Snip, snip!

Have you ever cut your own hair? I just did and I must say it was very exciting!

You see....

It had been almost six months since I had splurged on a trip to ye olde beauty parlor.

So-I got a "professional" cut a few weeks ago. Of course, when I called to get an appointment I was told that the girl I had seen before (and liked) was gone. Despite this I figured that they could place me with another, just as capable, hair stylist.

I was given an appointment with a girl named after a part of nature. Now, I have nothing against the earth or parts of her aspects. However, I do seem to dislike the taste of people named after parts of her. I knew I was in trouble but I went anyway.

When I arrived, nature name girl turned out to be much worse than I had expected. She was a scary punk rock girl with very bad taste in clothes, tattoos and hair!!!!!! I should have left. I'm too nice. I stayed.

Now, she was very professional and seemed to know what she was doing. However, she did not seem in the least to be interested in what I wanted. This is always a bad sign.

She "styled" my hair into something that was almost exactly what I already had (and which I had just said I did not care for) and sent me on my way. When I requested that she modify the "style" she had given me she seemed really put out. In the end, I only managed to get her to take a few more snips out of my bangs.

I left a very sad girl. I had just shelled out more than I should have on a haircut that I hated. Since then I have just sort of dealt with it since there is no way I can afford to go somewhere else.

Today, I came to the realization that no one ever really looks at me anyway so who cares if I go to a salon to get my haircut! I grabbed a pair of craft scissors and hopped into the shower. Snip, snip, snip and I am now about three inches rid of my stupid haircut!

Although I long to have short, straight, glossy hair that looks modern and stylish I know that can never be. I will just have to be happy with my medium, wavy, wiry hair....But at least there is less of it to have to be happy with!!!!! :)

And-It was great fun seeing big globs of it drift away with the bathwater too!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home