Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Monday, August 06, 2007

Me at age 2
I was recently asked what I have learned from life so far and about an event in my childhood that lead to one of these lessons. Here was my answer:

“Absolutes”
-You can’t make people like you
-Death comes to everything
-Love does not conquer all
-Some acts can not be forgiven
-You can not control your destiny
-Anger never resolves any problem
-Knowledge is the one thing that can never be stolen from you

------------------------

When I was in first grade I helped a friend cheat on her spelling test. I was caught and then I lied about what I was doing. The teacher made me write a note to my parents. It was awful. My parents were so disappointed in me.

I just thought I was being helpful to my friend. I couldn’t understand why it was bad. I knew the answers and she didn’t. It seemed more like I was sharing not being deceitful.

Now I can see that I was not only was I hurting her I was hurting myself. I was allowing someone else to benefit off my hard work. I was allowing myself to be used. And, she was selling herself short by not putting forth the effort to learn the material.

It’s a lot to think about but when you’re that young you don’t put that much thought into things. (Then again-when you're as old as I am now you still don't put that much thought into things!)
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger dingobear said...

Nice baby (well, kind of baby) picture!

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home