Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Stardate 11/05/2005 (Big News)

So, I said the other day that I might have exciting news....and....I do!

I have a new job....I will soon be the Front of House Manager for Book-it Theatre in Seattle!! It's only part time for now so I will be, for the hundredth time in my life, working two jobs but...Who cares! I will once again be working in theatre. I'm very excited!!

The theatre is a unique place. It is one of the more original concepts I've been involved with. "Book-It’s main goal has always been to bring classic and contemporary writing to the stage and convert literary works into theatre. By bringing books to the stage, Book-It’s performances directly address the issue of literacy by striving to make the joy of reading accessible to everyone." They only do straight and original plays. No musicals, no plays that everyone else has done a million times. The best part is they are related to Seattle's Shakespeare Theatre and they have a children's theatre as well!!

Yay!!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Something else to keep you soooo busy that you can't call me! Oh well. No worries. I've been way over my head lately too! Just know that I'm thinking of you and I "check-in" on you often!
Caro

4:43 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

It's good to hear you're back with a theatre! Sounds like this particular place is right up your alley. Maybe you can get all your Bookcrossing buddies to spread interest in the place.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gratz on the theatre gig!!! bogus that there are no musicals..I live for the jazz hands! Good luck with it....

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home