Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Stardate 11/03/2005 (Books and A Fun Place to Visit)

Today I went to my very first Bookcrossing meeting! It was downtown at this little bar called The Sitting Room. The group consisted of a VERY mixed selection of people. There was a gay guy from New York, an extremely nerdy weird guy, the pregnant lady, the super tanned hip old lady, the overweight shy man, the sweet Hispanic couple, assorted others and then there was Erin and I. And a big Thank You to Erin for being brave enough to go with me. Although most of the time we kept each other entertained I believe we did a good job of socializing. We drank, traded books, talked about the rain and ate yummy food. Overall I felt the night was a success.

I also wanted to blog to tell you all briefly about our first weekend excursion. I forgot to blog about it earlier because of all the Halloween hype. Scott and I traveled East this last weekend. We went to a town called Leavenworth. Strange town. I guess in the 60's the town was dying. So all the townsfolk got together to try to save the town and came up with a tourism plan. They remodeled the town into an Baverian village. It's very strange because the whole time I was there I felt like I was at Disneyworld! Everything is themed...Even the trash cans! We had a lot of fun poking around the shops that sell things like Swiss cuckoo clocks and nutcrackers. I think we might go back later in winter when the town is blanketed in snow!

1 Comments:

Blogger Queen on the run said...

Very cool links, I love the book thing. Leavenworth is awesome and going in winter will be worth the drive, its absolutely gorgous!!

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home