Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Friday, July 01, 2005

Stardate 07/01/2005 (The Great Hair Disaster of '05)

The Fourth of July is almost upon us...What does that mean? Absolutely nothing to me. Well-Except that Scott and I get the day off together and a lot of annoying little children will be near my house with fire starting kits, oops, I mean "fireworks."

Lily is visiting us this weekend. Scott and I had our first sort of parenting moment today...He called me because he wanted me to come home (a whole hour early) from work to fix Lily's hair. I'm not joking. I tried to explain over the phone how to do this...what was seemingly a simple task...Ha! First I tried to explain "pig-tails." After a few minutes I realized that this was way beyond his capabilities. After several more minutes of him whining that he just could not "even begin to imagine" what I was talking about (I was telling him how to comb her hair and put it in a "pony-tail")...I resorted to telling him to put a baseball cap on her and leaving it until I was off of work...Too much to compute...I ended the conversation by saying he should never have children and left work 45 minutes early so I could take 30 seconds when I got home to brush her hair and put it into the "pig-tails" I had taken several minutes trying to explain to him earlier. Sigh. Men!

I guess before the great hair disaster they had fun though. In fact after Scott left for work Lily wanted to get him a present to cheer him up. She picked out a cowboy novel for him. I told her he liked cowboys and so she picked out a book with the "best looking cowboys" on it. Plus she liked the horses they were on. So then I took her to the paper and she gave Scott his present and met some of the staff. When we left she sighed real big and said that she wished that Scott didn't have to work so that they could play some more.

Lily likes Scott an awful lot. He seems to be at a loss most of the time as to what to say or do around her but he still manages to do pretty well. It's funny though. He acts like he's never been around children before. Umm...Doesn't he have a younger sister? I could have sworn he mentioned one-once or twice. Strange. :)

Anyway-One day down and we managed to keep her alive! Now we have to do it again tomorrow! It looks like this whole weekend will be an adventure. Wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home