Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Posted by Picasa

Haloween was my favorite holiday. I guess it still is but this year I just was not feeling it.

First, I didn't decorate. This is the first year since high school I didn't decorate with not so much as a fake web or cut out of a witch. I couldn't bring myself to take the time to put stuff up.

Second, I didn't even bother thinking of what I might dress up as. I have no friends here other than Scott thus I had no invites to any parties. I spent the night just like I did my birthday, eating out alone and making a run to the grocery store.

Third, I didn't buy a single bag of candy. No candy for the brats in this neighborhood. No candy for this household. No candy.

Fourth, I bought a pumpkin but just didn't have the heart to cut into it. I started making plans to but just came back to the thought of WHY? Why take the time to carve a pumpkin if I was not going to put it good use. Now it's just sitting by the TV....waiting.

I wish I could have overcome my apathy but I guess I'll have to wait another eleven months before I have a chance to again. I sure hope that I find my Halloween spirit once again.

Happy November 1st!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home