Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Friday, January 06, 2006

Goals #2 and #3: As some of you may know, I have a problem with finding the motivation to work out and diet. So I've decided to set some fitness goals to work for. I've combined my 2006 goals #2 and #3 in an effort to get in shape and have some fun!

First of all I found out that Discovery Health Channel has set up a National Body Challenge.

What is this you might ask? The Discovery Health Channel's National Body Challenge is a FREE eight-week, comprehensive fitness and weight-loss challenge that provides the tools and inspiration, online and on television, to get in shape, shed extra pounds and adopt a healthier lifestyle. Open to individuals, groups and families, the National Body Challenge offers the flexibility for participants to make the right choices to meet their personal nutrition and fitness goals.

FREE-As in no charge! Plus when you sign up you get a free membership to Bally Total Fitness for the 8 weeks the challenge is running!

The challenge ends on March 11th. The following day I am going to participate in my very first walk!

After this I will enroll full time at either Bally or Worlds Gym both of which are only a few miles from my house.

All of this will be leading up to the main attraction.

I have decided to try to enter the 3 Day (60 mile) walk to raise money for breast cancer research. This is a very hard walk to be part of. It requires a lot of fund raising. I don't know if I'll be able to do it this year. I'm going to do my best. I'll post more details after my orientation.

This is a really big deal for me. I've never taken on such a huge fitness goal. I'll keep you all posted on my progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home