Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Monday, January 02, 2006

In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it. -Robert Heinlein

Every year I set 10 goals for myself.

The goals I attained in 2005 were:

#1- Get a Paying Job in Theatre- I worked as a paid actress (2 shows), a stipend high school Drama teacher, a paid Director (1 show), a paid Stage Manager and a paid House Manager.

#2- Move- I actually did this twice this last year! First we moved apartments in Merced and then states from CA to WA!! Yay for us!!!

#3- Give to Charity- I did this via Bookcrossing this year and I feel a bit guilty for it. It was so much fun!

#4- Perform on Stage- As I mentioned I had two paying gigs this last year! This is a big step up for me as I usually have to act for free. I played Belinda in Noises Off and Hippolyta in Midsummer Night's Dream.

#5- Lose Weight- I am listing this as a goal completed but I must confess I did not do very well at all this year. I really need to work on this some more!

#6- Travel to New Places- I discovered many new lands this last year including: The tide pools of Northern CA, Crater Lake, OR and the whole state of Washington!

#7- Be Happy- Yet another goal that I still need to work on. I am happier now than I have ever been and yet that is still not as happy as I want to be. I will continue my attempts to find happiness in everyday life. My journey is a long road from pessimist to optimist but I will press on.

As for #8, #9 and #10...Well, a girl can only do so much in one year.

Goals for 2006:

#1-Make the move from part-time to full-time job in theatre.

#2-Lose MORE weight...a lot more. (Massive diet time I think)

#3-Join a charity walk...I want to do a 2 or 5k charity walk this year.

#4- Travel (This should include a trip to CA=Mom & Lily, trip to Tx=Adam & Bridget+baby and various others and a major camping trip somewhere in WA)

#5- Begin writing the play that I have had running through my brain for at least five years!

#6- Find Jesus (just kidding)... Study paganism and join the G school.

#7- Learn a new skill (I was thinking of taking a class on jewelry making or knitting)

#8- Get health insurance. I have got to see a doctor soon. It's been a very long time which is not good for a girl with a chronic illness!

#9- Have a baby (the fuzzy kind...you know, of the kitty purrsuasion)

#10- Be happy. Like I said before this is a long term goal.

So there they are all written up and official like. No taking them back now! I guess I'll just have to go out there and get busy with my tasks. Sigh. This is going to be a busy year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home