Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.
Edgar Bergen (1903 - 1978), (Charlie McCarthy)


What a weekend!

The fun started on Friday when I put in my two week notice. For those of you who have not already heard, I have BIG news! I am going to be putting in more hours at the theatre. In addition to being the House Manager I am now the Assistant to the Box Office Manager. I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I fell very fortunate to have found my way into a theatre company so quickly. The BO Manager said it took her three years of looking to get the job she has now! Yes-I feel VERY lucky.

On Saturday Erin came for a visit. We had fun frolicking through the Alderwood Mall. Erin had a huge mission to accomplish. She needed fancy clothes for her auditions. The best part is that not only did we find the perfect outfit...we found it at the first store we went to! Check out Erin's blog for pictures of our shopping adventure.

Today was a lazy day. We drove Erin back to Seattle in the morning. She played, very poodle-ie, for us before we left. When we got back to Everett Scott and I decided to have breakfast at our favorite spot. It was, after all, only 1:30pm! We had eggs, hashbrowns, toast and LOTS of coffee...Yum. I know, I know...Not really good food for a diet but I worked hard at the gym this week!!! After we ate so much we could hardly move (well, I was fine really...It was the boy Pookie that was all sloshy) we came home to do-NOTHING!!!!! That's right-For the rest of the day we did absolutely nothing of any importance. It was lovely.

Now I am off to bed. Tomorrow begins the countdown to the end of the "stupid day job." I will miss the ladies I work with. I will not miss getting up at the crack of dawn, having three hours in the evening before I have to go to bed, only seeing Scott one day a week or filing. (God I hate filing!) Tonight I will dream of stacks of files on fire, phones that never ring, lunch breaks that last for 7 1/2 hours and paychecks so big that there isn't enough room for all of those zeroes.

Yawn-Good night.

1 Comments:

Blogger dingobear said...

Congratulations on the new job, Becky! And remember, anytime is always the right time for a good breakfasts.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home