Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Stardate 12/20/2005 (Let the Festivities Begin)


After weeks of a very sad, nearly empty barrel folks started coming in droves and we raised quite a pile of toys for those crazy tots. I look very tiny in this picture! I was kneeling behind the chair because my boss is going to crop this for our weekly newsletter.Posted by Picasa

Today was a hectic day for me. I got up at 6am (as always) and rushed around trying to get ready for work. If you think your traffic is bad...try Hwy 5 just a few days before the "holidays". So, I got to work 1 minute late. Worked like a mad woman all day. Then I left work at 5pm.

As I inched my way toward Seattle, Erin called. I had just arrived at the exit for U of W. So, off into the maze of streets to pick her up. This is one of our favorite activities. She tries to describe were she is while I try to guess how to get there. After a lllllot of driving in circles I manage to find her and our way back to the highway.

We arrived at a small bar in Pike Place by 7pm just in time for our second Bookcrossing meeting. It was just as interesting as the first. As always, we seem have no problem keeping ourselves entertained regardless of our surroundings. However, after an hour or so we grew bored and left. I dropped Erin off at her poodle pad to sleep.

And-I went on to my next engagement. Back to Lynnwood to a fancy restaurant right next to my work. Tonight was our company party. I snuck in... Ate dinner (Alfredo noodles, garlic bread and cheesecake)...laughed at a few (awful) jokes and then ran for the door. It made my boss and co-workers feel as though I cared so that's all that matters. Plus-My boss gave me a very nice gift. That made the whole experience worth it.

Hey! What can I say? I love presents. I'm a true Taurus-Our motto is I have.

Now I'm home and ready to hit the sack. I'm pooped. It's tough trying to be that social in one day. Yawn.

P.S. For any of you who have not seen it...I recommend 40 Year Old Virgin. Be prepared though-Some parts are shockingly graphic (it is rated R but I would say it is almost beyond R) but over all very funny and cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home