Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Stardate 09/29/05 (Another Great Book)

I just finished reading a great book...The Lovely Bones. I bought it because Erin said that it was good and boy was she right. I read it in three days!

I highly recommend this book to everyone!! Read it!

"The Lovely Bones is luminous and astonishing, a novel that builds out of grief the most hopeful of stories. In the hands of a brilliant new writer, this story of the worst thing a family can face is transformed into a suspenseful and even funny novel about love, memory, joy, heaven, and healing."- http://www.readinggroupguides.com/guides3

Many thanks to Erin for suggesting that I buy it!

Oh-And look I finally figured out how to post my picture on my profile...well sort of...it's tiny...but hey I did it without any help!

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I basically was crying the entire time I read that book. I had a similar experience recently when I read "Prodigal Summer" (YAY MOM for giving that to me soooo long ago!) by Barbara Kingsolver. If you haven't, read it, seriously.

Now I"m onto "The HIstorian" and it is so so so so goood and completely addicting, like literature crack. It is sort of Da Vinci Code-ish in that it is attempting to crack a historical mystery -- about Dracula! So it is also suspenseful, eerie and at times, downright unsettling.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home