Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Monday, September 05, 2005

Stardate 09/05/2005 (In Seattle)

I am now a resident of Washington state!!

My journey began on Saturday afternoon. After one last breakfast with Scott at IHOP (And a loooong cell phone buying errand) I was off. I was so relieved to leave Merced I cried as I waved to the city limits sign. I spent the rest of the day at my Mom's. Sunday morning I had a nice visit with my Mom, Lily and my grandparents. I left Elk Grove at noon. Eleven hours later I pulled into Portland. Scott's Mommy was kind enough to take me in and feed me. Today we had a lovely breakfast at Shari's. We also went to my favorite book store ever, Powell's. I crossed the border of Washington at 2:40pm. Two traffic jams(Ahh, in the city once again), a major accident (someone else- not me) and a million cops (giving out tickets) later I arrived in Seattle. It's very pretty (and cool) here. I met Erin outside the mall and we had dinner at Red Robin's down on the pier.

Now I'm sitting here at Erin's desk staring out the window at dusky skies and a mountainous panaramic view. Sigh. The only thing that could make this happier for me now is if Pookie was here. He will be soon enough. And in the meantime my job is to find us a place to roost. I begin my search tomorrow. But for now I will sit here and smile. It's been a long time since I could sit still, think about my life and the future, and smile. I like it. I think I'll do it more from now on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got there alright. Will let Adam know. XOXO, B.

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo Hoo!! Hope to see you again real soon. We'll be alright for now. Love you, Mother and Lily

7:43 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

So happy for you guys!! :) now start saving for an Alaska trip next spring or summer - only about $200 from Anchorage! Put away $15 a month and you're golden.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home