Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Monday, July 20, 2009

07/14- Waking up in the early morning light the heat inside the tent was almost unbearable. By breakfast I knew I was not well but hoped that once I ate and got out on the trail I would feel better.

We made our way down to the valley floor and parked at the store. Then we rode the shuttle so we wouldn't have to fight traffic to get to our trail.

The Vernal Falls trail is the most popular in the park. There were hundreds of people coming and going. As we started up the sun was high and already too hot to stand.

Less than a mile in I began to get dizzy and had to sit down. The longer we walked the worse it got. I couldn't take more than a few steps without needing to sit. It was obvious that I was sick and not going to make it to the top.

I walked on and agreed to wait for Scott and Lily at the halfway point by the river bridge. They went on leaving me to sit by the water.

I ate lunch in the shade and read a book. At one point I felt something touch my leg. I looked down and saw that a ground squirrel had crawled into my lap.

When they returned we made our way down the trail slowly. The rest had helped but not healed whatever was making me feel so terrible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home