Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Musings from the Dishwasher

I always seem to think best when I am washing dishes (which is funny because I detest this task almost as much as doing laundry). Anyway-While scrubbing away I got a little lost in thought and...

I just finished watching a movie which had a running theme of trusting in destiny. In the end the guy gets his girl and they happily kiss in the snow. Silly film really, loads of fluff but it got me thinking.

What happens to the victims of this so called destiny thing? In the film he dumps a woman at the alter because he can't stop thinking about the mystery girl. She breaks up with her very cute and very sweet boyfriend because she wants to go in search of a guy she met briefly years ago in a store. Cute, right?

But what about the girl and guy that are dumped? Where's their happy ending? While we are sighing and wiping away tears at the happy reunion of true love they are at home crying into their pillows.

I know, I know... It's just a movie.

But the funny thing is I have known first hand what this type of storyline is like to live through. I have been both victim and cause of unhappy endings myself.

So, where's the story of those who's destiny is to be shat upon?

There can't be happy endings for everyone in this life. Just pick up a newspaper or watch TV for five minutes. Unhappy endings happen every hour...hell, every moment...of everyday.

So, my question is this: Why is destiny so kind to some and so cruel to others?

No, I guess what my real question is: What's the meaning of life and who the hell came up with the idea in the first place?

(I guess it was my destiny to wash those dishes and think these deep thoughts just for your reading pleasure.)

2 Comments:

Blogger dingobear said...

I think maybe the story of those who get dumped are in blogs here on Blogger? :)

The meaning of life is always having a plate of waffles on hand for breakfast when you really need it.

PS- I hate washing dishes too ...

9:28 AM  
Blogger erinpesz said...

I don't mind washing the actual dishes, but for some reason I hate washing silverware.

Good story, Hansel.

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home