Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Sunday, December 31, 2006

It's the last day of 2006...

I started the day off with an early morning gym workout. While I sweated away I watched the sun come up over the trees outside the window. A flock of Canadian geese were grazing in the field across the street.

The TV's above my head were competing to see who could be more depressing. One featured the last moments of Saddam Hussein while the other presented moments from Gerald Ford's funeral. The middle TV seemed oblivious of the woes of the world and happily played the trailer from the newest Rocky film.

As I huffed and puffed away I thought about all that had happened this year. This has been such a strange year for me.

I had a major job change. I found a long lost friend. I joined Grey School.

I feel grateful for the things that I gained but also a bit disheartend by the things I have lost or never seemed to be able to gain. I thought I would be in a much different position by the time 2006 rolled around but life seems to have different plans for me. But-I am hopeful for 2007.

Tonight as the year changes I will be thinking of my Mom & Lily, all of my friends in Texas, my new family (The Pez's) and of how lucky I am to be alive and to have the chance to bring in a new year. I will say prayers for those who are in need of healing and those who are gone from this earth. I will dream of the days to come and what they might have in store for us all.

2007 is going to be good I can just feel it.

So-To all of you, where ever you are, I am wishing you a Happy New Year!

1 Comments:

Blogger erinpesz said...

2006 was an insane year, indeed. but like you, I'm hopeful for 2007. :)

I heart you!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home