Click for Seattle, Washington Forecast

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Stardate 10/11/2005 (Books for charity)

"Do give books - religious or otherwise - for Christmas. They're never fattening, seldom sinful, and permanently personal." Lenore Hershey

Most of you don't know this but every year (no matter my personal/financial situation) I take it upon myself to do something for charity. In the past I have donated to various charities, volunteered and even adopted an "angel" one year.

This year I have several projects that I am working on. I've decided that my theme for the year will be books. All of my charity efforts will go to giving books to those who do not have them.

One of my projects is donating books to a small school South Korea. The English teacher there is a fellow Bookcrossing.com member and has requested help. I am currently collecting donations of books and money (for postage and to buy more books). If you are interested in helping please e-mail me. I would greatly appreciate any help that you can offer. I'll be sending these books out at the end of October.

"October is crisp days and cool nights, a time to curl up around the dancing flames and sink into a good book." John Sinor

If you can't help out now but want to do something later please give to the hurricane effort.

I look at it this way: No matter how bad my day is...There are always thousands of others who have it a hundred times worse everyday of their life. If I can help even one of those people have a better life (or just brighten their day a bit) why not give all that I can and more.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FREAK!!!!! Do you happen to have any bullets available? I NEED A BULLET!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!! :)
817-966-9006

2:18 AM  
Blogger Adam said...

So, what kind of books are needed?

10:23 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Ahh... I see Carolyn has caught up with me! I will have to call her! No worries folks-The bullets are just for show!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

As to the question about the books-They are in need of almost anything in English! These books will be going into a library used by over 14,000 students of middle school age and up!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home